With snow dumping across the country and temperatures dropping, many of the resorts are open for business. This winter season looks to be a great one for all you snowsports lovers. Here are ten gifts ideas for anyone on your list that hates to stay inside, especially when the mercury drops.
1. The North Face Powder Guide ABS Vest: This one definitely falls in the super splurge category, but the built-in ABS Avalanche Airbag System in the Powder Guide ABS Vest enables skiers or snowboarders to carry all their backcountry safety essentials without wearing a pack. MSRP $1200
2. Easton Vo2 Racing Snowshoes: Pair these lightweight, ergonomic snowshoes with waterproof trail runners and you have the ultimate winter running setup. MSRP $240
3. Helly Hansen H2 Flow Jacket: The Helly Hansen H2 Flow insulation and ventilation system creates holes and channels that fill with air to hold in your body heat and provide an additional layer of insulation. Open the zippers, and the holes in the insulation become ventilation channels, letting excess heat and moisture escape. MSRP $180
4. RAMP Skis: Handmade in the US, RAMP skis are created out of bamboo wood cores and high quality composites. RAMP sells direct to skiers and snowboarders so they can use more expensive materials, more expensive environmentally friendly manufacturing practices, U.S. labor, and yet still provide great pricing. MSRP $139-$699
5. Dog Fleece: You four legged friends need to stay warm as well during your outdoor winter adventures. The Ruffwear Climate Changer Fleece or D-Fa Sub-Woofer are sure to make them never want to come in from playing in the snow.
6. La Sportiva Storm Fighter Jacket: Someone on your list looking to get into or is a big ski mountaineering racer? La Sportiva has created an entire purpose-built line, including the Storm Fighter Jacket made from wind and waterproof Gore-Tex Active Shell and weighing only 319 grams. MSRP $380
7. POC Fornix Helmet: Borrowing from mountain bike helmet technology, POC molded aramid bridges into the Fornix construction, creating a super lightweight helmet while maintaining structural stability and protection. MSRP $160
8. Smartwool PhD Smartloft Divide Jacket: SmartLoft wool insulation provides more warmth throughout your core, while the MerinoMax arms and back offer more breathability and body temperature regulation. MSRP $200
9. Stanley Classic Vacuum Bottle: Stow some hot soup, tea, or hot cocoa in your pack to enjoy on your rest stop. The 100 year anniversary edition of the Stanley Vacuum Bottle is sure to remain a classic for centuries to come. MSRP $40
10. Zeal Optics iON Camera Snow Goggles: These snow goggles not only offer high tech specs but also include a digital camera that can take videos and stills with the push of glove-friendly buttons on the side of the frame. The camera produces a 170-degree, wide-angle view, that automatically adjusts exposure for changing light levels. MSRP $400