As Outdoor Retailer Summer Market 2015 winds down (don’t worry, we have plenty of posts on new gear to come), we pick our 5 most innovative pieces of gear we saw at the show.
1. Columbia OutDry Extreme: To eliminate the possibility of your jacket wetting out and impeding breathability, Columbia ditched the face fabric and brought the membrane to the outside of the jacket.
2. MSR Guardian: The new filter completely purifies any water source, removing sediment, bacteria, protozoa, and even viruses in the process.
3. Jetboil Genesis Base Camp System: The folding dual burner stove and JetLink system lets you cook a gourmet breakfast and coffee all at the same time and off of the same small propane bottle.
4. Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Camper SV: The extra large Speed Valve Speed Valve pulls in ambient air with each breath, inflating the sleeping pad up to 10 times faster than conventional valve systems–within just a few breaths.
5. Gregory Baltoro 75 GZ: Gregory and Goal Zero teamed up to incorporate solar panels directly into the top lid of the award-winning Baltoro. I also really liked the new cooperation between Big Agnes and Goal Zero where a variety of tents will now come solar-ready.